Wicke Auto Body & Service was established in 1904 when the original owner Wallace R. Wicke decided to start a shuttle service and auto repair shop for the St. Louis Worlds Fair. The shop was located at 3931 Enright at Vandeventer and when it opened, it became the 7th AAA affiliated shop when AAA was still in its adolescence. Due to a terrible storm and devastating tornado, the shop was destroyed and relocated to its new and present location at 453 N. Newstead Avenue. After the move, the shop opened under new management of Wallace’s son Tom Wicke.
In 1961 a long time employee and friend of Tom Wicke, John Daniel, partnered with him and purchased the shop when Tom retired.
Wicke Auto Body & Service has always prided itself on keeping up with advancements in technology of all car manufacturers, while offering the old time service that their customers deserve.